One Minute on Bullying | Teen Ink

One Minute on Bullying

December 5, 2011
By reimer1a SILVER, Lockport, Illinois
reimer1a SILVER, Lockport, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Bullying. Everyone has experienced it, whether you’ve been the bully, the victim, or just witnessed it taking place. Bullying has always been around; but what we once thought of as harmless playground disputes is becoming a severe threat and cause for alarm. It used to be that bullying occurred in middle and high school; however recent studies have shown bullying stemming from grade school all the way through college. And the bullying is becoming worse. Harassment, cyber-bullying, discrimination against sexual orientation—just to name a few—these are all violations of a persons civic rights. But what is being done to stop this? As the number of bully-related suicides increases, the government is beginning to crack down on bullying. But their work alone isn’t enough. For every person who stands by, another bully gets away with a hurtful act. It’s time to stand up and fight—no one deserves to be bullied.


The author's comments:
Take just a minute to read this and think about how you can help stop bullying. Every action counts for something.