You're Showing Too Much Skin | Teen Ink

You're Showing Too Much Skin

April 15, 2016
By marylynn_alvarado BRONZE, San Antonio , Texas
marylynn_alvarado BRONZE, San Antonio , Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Don't wear this. That's too short. You're showing too much skin. Wait, I'm sorry. Since when can YOU tell me if I'm showing too much of MY BODY? You do understand the concept of... MY BODY, right?

Nowadays school systems and society, in general. Like to judge people based on their appearance. If she's showing "too much skin" she's a s***. And if she's covered from head to toe she's a prude. Excuse me, but their isn't such thing of "too much skin" We come out the womb naked! And if I want to live my life wearing tank tops, shorts, and sandals. I CAN! Because it's MY body. Secondly when a school administrator tells me I can't wear something he has no right to. They say we're "distracting the boys". Me. I'm distracting the boys? When is dressing comfortably or wearing something that makes me feel good and look good distracting? Why can't the BOYS just keep their hormones under control! For gods sakes! I'm a teenage girl, I should be wearing cute clothes, enjoying my body meanwhile I CAN! I really don't think I should be sent to ISS for an entire day missing an entire day of learning just because my shorts are "too short". And to us curvy girls, with big thighs and breasts generally, everything fits us tighter and smaller on us! It's not fair that because I'm simply curvier I can't wear shorts to school! It's outrageos. And lastly of all. I buy the clothes with MY money, if you were buying it for me it would be different but you're not. It's MY clothes bought with MY money and it's on MY body and YOU should have nothing to say or do with ME! So next time I wear something "inappropriate" please, tell someone who cares because it's more than likely I'll be wearing this again boo.