Technology in Today's Changing World | Teen Ink

Technology in Today's Changing World

By justin66 BRONZE, Commack, New York
justin66 BRONZE, Commack, New York

Is today’s technology a positive advancement? Over the past few years technology has taken over society. Everyone uses technology, from children and teenagers to adults and elders. Technology is vital in today’s world and makes everything easier, but can cause laziness and some to abuse it. Some examples are the computer, television, cell phone, and videogame systems. Technology has influenced people and their daily lives, some better than others.

Technology has made an impact on retail. Now-a-days people do not need to leave their houses in order to get what they want. For example, there is no more need to go to the mall if one can order clothes online. There is no longer any need to get tired from walking around the malls, instead just go online and shop!

Education has enhanced in schools. Learning as well as teaching has improved and became easier. In every class room there is a computer but not only that, there is a smart board. This helps teachers write on the board more efficiently and gives a big screen to learn better from.. Technology has also helped children with learning by providing computers. Computers allow access to multiple programs as well as the internet. The programs created by Microsoft have tremendously improved education. Work can be done a lot faster by using Microsoft Word. This is a huge help because it makes papers a lot neater and gives people who have sloppy handwriting a nice clean paper to hand in. Microsoft Word spell-checks and corrects the work.. PowerPoint and Excel have improved work. It provides an easy way to present and stay organized with charts and graphs. Computers have made job searching and getting a job stress-free. People can go on a company’s website and apply right then and there. People can as well send resumes online through email to a company. This allows quick and easy replies to getting the job.

Telephones have also improved the lives of people by making communication easier. Now people can keep in touch with others from all around the world with just the dial of a button. Cell phones have as well made this a lot easier by allowing a call to be made from anywhere around the house or even at the store. Texting has developed though cell phones allowing communication without talking. However, it causes a lack of social skills, especially with teens because everyone has a cell phone.

Although television is fun to watch, there are negative effects. One may include laziness which eventually leads to obesity which is why the United States has increased obesity in the last decade. Even though kids have fun laying down watching his or her favorite television shows or playing on his new Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, it has caused kids to no longer want to go outside and get exercise.

The computer also has a negative effect on people. It has been the site of cyber bullying. This is when someone online bullies another, whether it’s on a social network such as Facebook, aim, twitter, or through emails. Cyber bullying has been a cause for many suicides. People say stupid things to each other even though they may just be joking but the person may take it the wrong way and get upset. Usually it isn’t as extreme and leads to suicide but some cases do. These crimes have been because of the new increase in technology.

Online predators have been developed from the internet. People have been harassing and threatening others online. Some have even pretended to be a friend, but end up being a creepy pedophile wanting to meet up with an innocent child on the internet. This could then lead to sexual abuse or even death. Some online predators impersonate others and pretend to know who he is talking to. Kids don’t know better and should be more careful. Parents shouldn’t allow their kids to go on certain sites and restrict them. No one wants to be a victim of an online predator.

Another bad impact technology has is identity thief. This is when someone steals information and used it for his own benefit without permission. They either take it from sites that have your personal information already or they hack into it. Identity thieves take information such as social security, credit card numbers, names and birthdays. They do the best they can to pretend to be the victim in order to make a new credit card with the victim’s name. Then they spend all of the victim’s money with no cost of their own on whatever they want and they do this many time with different people. They get rich off of people who are careless and leave personal information online. Anything online isn’t safe, so don’t bother even putting it on in the first place.

Shaikhy said...
on Aug. 9 2017 at 12:15 pm
It's not a speech

Shaikhy said...
on Aug. 9 2017 at 12:14 pm
It's not a speech

Shaikhy said...
on Aug. 9 2017 at 12:11 pm
It is very useful and liked it.....

Shaikhy said...
on Aug. 9 2017 at 12:11 pm
It is very useful and liked it.....

Shaikhy said...
on Aug. 9 2017 at 12:11 pm
It is very useful and liked it.....

Happiness said...
on Feb. 24 2017 at 3:17 pm
Thanks every much for the information you provide me with

on Dec. 6 2016 at 11:21 am
refkysatria29,
Thank You Very useful This Article

Khushu said...
on Sep. 10 2016 at 9:28 am
You are excellent thankyou for sucj h a speech

on Oct. 25 2015 at 2:31 am
LucidaRosemary, Gold Coast, Other
Hi. I am currently doing an assignment and i have decided to use this piece of information for my research booklet. i would like to know what year was this article written. if you could respond asap, that would be great. Thanks, Lucida

wiztumn said...
on Sep. 22 2015 at 6:12 pm
Are you Herr Kirby?

on Sep. 9 2015 at 11:26 am
thisvwasvabvery interesting read. I love Queen..always have and now with Adam Lambert too. Great band and great people in their everyday life!

Mini said...
on May. 17 2015 at 6:03 am
Why all the honor of the band Paramore's songs and songs composed are all given to Hayley.. They are a band and farro bros and taylor and jeremy and also the new band's guitarist and drummer (who took over the place of farro bros) also deserve good credits. Hayley wont become that popular hayley without them. Although Hayley gives credits to them but this article doesnt.