To exist or to live | Teen Ink

To exist or to live

By JennH SILVER, Paramus, New Jersey
JennH SILVER, Paramus, New Jersey

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert Schuller

God. god to me is unknown and will stay that way. Some call me atheist , some call me ignorant, but I consider myself greatly realistic. In life we're given the most precious gift we could ever ask for; life. Life isn't meant to be played with or tested but appreciated. Life is a gift that some people don't have the opportunity of holding on to for too long and so it is to be cherished. The purpose of life is not to ponder. It is not to condemn ourselves for not knowing, but also not to worship for the knowledge we don't know as well. The purpose of life is love. god will stay absent in my life until perhaps i decease , perhaps. The point is, nobody will know until that point in time, nobody. Why worship? Why spend hours among hours praying to a god that may not and could not be existent when you could be enjoying the wonders life has to offer. Allow yourself to not exist, but to live.

on Nov. 11 2010 at 8:19 am
Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

It doesn't take away from it if you enjoy worshiping a god.

on Nov. 8 2010 at 8:04 pm
Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

"The purpose of life is not to ponder..."

I wonder how you arrived at that conclusion. Perhaps by PONDERING about it? lol.

JennH SILVER said...
on Nov. 4 2010 at 2:31 pm
JennH SILVER, Paramus, New Jersey

Worshipping "god" takes away from your time to enjoy life. Taking the time to worship an idea that could not be true is a waste. I respect your opinion though.

momo01 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 3 2010 at 6:55 pm
momo01 BRONZE, North Hollywood, California

"I don't want to live on the moon." --Ernie
"He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realize.” -- Oscar Wilde

You can enjoy life and still worship god, who's to say we cant do both?