Awakening | Teen Ink

Awakening

January 19, 2013
By KizzyJ BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
KizzyJ BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson


The sun has risen, but we have not woken up. Asleep, we remain, our souls, slaves to the master. Only through unification can we break the chains of mass enslavement and reach our ultimate purpose in life...

The world is one big neighborhood. Everyday, one person moves in and another moves out. There are many different roads in the neighborhood, but all, lead to the same destination. If there were but
one, the road would be very crowded. Same thing with religion. All of the world's major religions
preach an important principle: love. Confucius, Jesus, Allah, and the Torah all told me to love my neighbors. But who are my neighbors? Who are our neighbors? Are they the ones who share the
similar phenotype? To the Muslim, is it a Jew? To the rich, is it the poor? To the black, is it a white?


“It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.” - Thomas Jefferson

A true neighbor does not see color nor deity nor class. He simply sees a human being, a universal neighbor. This is the message that passes through one ear and out the other. However, it shall pass through both. Learn to accept and love. No one is a stranger in the neighborhood.

Once we learn to love our neighbors, we must then keep peace within the neighborhood. All
throughout history we have abided by the divide et impera strategy. The Hutus and Tutsis, poor whites and black slaves, employers and labor unions. This tactic may be sly, but it is not wise. It is a tactic driven by fear. A tactic in which the great landlords, the ones who oversee the neighborhood, the elite, use in effort to retain authority. The British tried to compromise with Palestinian Arabs to administer Jewish migration and they failed. The United Nations, in result, created Israel and they failed. Now look at where we are today. Great Britain still remains one of the most powerful countries in the world while Arabs and Israelis continue to fight. This, all due to to the work of the elite. They conquer, collect their rent, and leave us divided. What must the divided do? As I have previously stated, the world is one big neighborhood. There isn't two, or three, but one. If the divided learn to set aside their issues, will they ever be more powerful than any existing force.


“If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” - Moshe Dayan

There are no landlords in the neighborhood. Instead, we are all neighbors. Only when the divided take them down, will the landlords realize that they too, are neighbors. Everyone is equal. With equality comes love, peace and unity. If both sides of the divided have spoken and cannot come up with a resolution, both sides have failed. The neighbors will remain asleep and enslaved.

A true neighbor knows and understands the neighborhood. He knows that it does not only consist of residents, but life's other creations as well – Nature. Nature, whom he must respect and maintain a connection with. There was once a time when the neighbors held an intimate connection with Nature. They saw and embraced its beauty. They looked to the Sun and the Moon for guidance. They saw power within fire. They saw simplicity. That, was a long time ago. Quite to the contrary, the neighbors of today sit in their homes, hypnotized by their fancy, sleek-design electronics. They do this and yet, they still are not satisfied and continue to seek for the newest, the fastest, the easiest and the best. The neighborhood has progressed, but as it progressed, it lost a connection not only with Nature, but the past as well. We went from making fire to inventing a stove, a telegraph to an iPhone. It is easy to build a road, but to build it back after its destruction, is difficult. If a natural disaster were to strike in the neighborhood, only a few would survive. Only a few, would know how to make a fire. Yes, we are open to new things, new experiences. This, is not bad at all. What is bad, is welcoming these new things and shutting the door of the past. Shut the door of the past and with Nature and you will not understand the neighborhood.

Once the neighbors have achieved unity among Nature, the past and each other, the neighborhood will be well, lively, powerful and peaceful. The chains, once attached, are broken, and the purpose of life is met.


“I offer you peace.

I offer you love.

I offer you friendship.

I see your beauty.

I hear your need.

I feel your feelings.

My wisdom flows from the


Highest Source.

I salute that Source in you.

Let us work together for unity and love.”

-Mahatma Gandhi

Love and unity – tis is all I preach, teach and practice. The sun has risen, but this time my neighbors,we have woken up.


The author's comments:
This piece, inspired by Transcendentalism, isn't simply meant to warm the hearts of others, but to CHANGE the hearts of others. With change, we shall work towards unity. And with unity, love and peace will lie within the world.