Labyrinth | Teen Ink

Labyrinth

December 13, 2013
By Aziink BRONZE, Trotwood, Ohio
Aziink BRONZE, Trotwood, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

We enter a world of mayhem.
A confusion of orientation with such amazement.
You despise every passage, demise at every corner.
You find yourself sticking close to your foes, the walls.
You'd much rather leave the ground, your only traveling means to Peace,
To rise above such a love / hate relationship to lock eyes with the end.
As of now, I know nothing of an end.
What if I perish here all along the path of mayhem.
Where shall my soul rest, eternal madness or peace?
The quiet storm above withholds much amazement,
That it leaves me in an eerie yet weightless solitude between sterile walls.
Which serve only the purpose to detour me away from the exit always a way, several-a-corner.

Of which proximity is never too far, but not close enough when intimidated by the corner.
It’s just right around the corner...could this be from whence I came...what an end.
I realized maybe I've confused confusion with overwhelming order, so I study the nature of the walls.
I seek for secrets, my ears creeping close to decipher the silent language of mayhem.



There patterned stories erect in my consciousness...each unique, but connecting with intuitive amazement.
Heeding the cries of once units of protection, now nefariously nested in a configuration absent of peace.

Maybe if I confronted the master of confusion-the one who broke the peace-if I could back him down in his own little corner,
He would be, from such a mortal's strength, stricken with amazement.
And to such a despicable predicament, there would be a purposeful end.
The victorious climax at the very bottom of Death's Valley yields freedom from all mayhem,
The barriers freed from their duties of complication, the prize right before the fallen walls;
No longer placed at the expense of mortals, but free from their own inanimate avatars as walls.
I realize now that even close desire to be free and it seems as though the walls where aspiring to peace.
The mastermind of confusion has been defeated and a new life journey is ahead, free of mayhem.
The spiteful geometry in the assembly of the walls no longer bears an angular corner.
To me, another adventure is posed, a victory begun that will also end.
Measuring the gradually unfurling course before me, I press forward with whole amazement.
Years later in my journey, I come to the amazement,
That before me stands colossal barriers, a new set of order, new walls.
They are set up in a linear fashion horizontally down the left and right expenses to no visible end.
I realize they are now protective; this was their destined intention-an establishment towards peace.
Such an expanse is not confining like the labyrinth and no longer drastic and spiteful is the corner.
It is assumed that even this assurance would not forever hold, beyond awaits a churning mayhem.
It is clear that even a mortal’s victory would end, and that long awaits the state reality of true peace,
That the reward for albatross holds amazement, and until such exists a troubling happenstance off walls.
That demise will eventually be left to divulge its on corner, and eternally linger in its own mayhem.