#Life in 140 Characters or Less | Teen Ink

#Life in 140 Characters or Less

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

It’s not much, is it—

140 characters?

But with it,
One can capture
A fleeting moment

Of life.

I don't tweet or facebook. But I do see that with a few words one uses one can capture a memory of life. This poem is experimental and in the form of a tweet—140 characters or less. You count them to make sure. And for those who tweet, use the title as a hashtag when you tweet today— #Life in 140 Characters or Less

on Mar. 27 2013 at 9:31 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Yes haha! I didn't exactly understand what it was... I love the message btw!! (:

Mckay ELITE said...
on Mar. 27 2013 at 2:51 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for reading this and commenting on it. I'm sorry if the poem if rather vague; it was one of those spur of the moment poem that came out of nowhere. What I wanted to portray was how you don't need a lot of words to capture a memory, a precious moment in life. I think that's what many of these social networks do for many people. Does that explanation help? If it doesn't tell me. Thank you, anyway.

on Mar. 26 2013 at 8:31 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

I don't really understand what's going on here. I liked the last sentence, though.