Lately | Teen Ink

Lately

October 29, 2014
By Julia Fronterhouse BRONZE, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Julia Fronterhouse BRONZE, Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

she's got sunflowers growing in her hair and a light that never fades behind her eyes. her smile reminds you of a blanket on a brisk morning and a laugh that you would consider yourself blessed to hear. she has an old soul but a new way of seeing and an understanding of the world that would only frighten others. her heart is full with passion and she's done her best to patch up the cracks. she's a strong believer that you should believe in something and life being about the journey not the destination. she is misunderstood in the best kind of way and always turns to the stars to find the her answers. she prefers being alone with her thoughts that consist of far off galaxies and memories she has not yet made. her words flow together like the brush strokes of Starry Night and she speaks in sonnets from the books she lives. but lately the sunflowers are drooping and her light is beginning to flicker. her smile is rare and her laugh turned into a cry for help. her soul is still old but her views on the world have begun to even scare her. the passion that once bubbled over is now just a simmer and the patches are starting to rip at the seams. she's questioning her beliefs and hopelessly waiting for this train to stop. she has become as predictable as an after school special and accepts that stars are just stars and answers are not for her. her thoughts have become haunting and no longer does she enjoy their company. words have since then stopped flowing and she speaks only of the past.