So I Walk... | Teen Ink

So I Walk...

By apounds22 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
apounds22 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

Fall has begun, yet there is so much to be done. I look all around and green is all I see, I wonder when I’ll see a fall tree. So I walk…
Along the winding trail, I began the journey through the change of seasons. So I walk…
I can feel the coolness in the air, I can see the moisture of the morning dew. I can hear the crackling of the autumn leaves under my steps. So I walk…
The morning silence allows me to think in peace about my favorite memories of fall.  Hayrack rides, pumpkin patches, apple cider, and bonfires. So I walk…
The rustling of the creek that will soon be frozen in silence. The scurrying of the squirrels that are preparing for the long winter. So I walk…
Witnessing God’s artwork in the beautiful painted morning sunrise allows me to appreciate the wonders of his work. So I walk…
Seeing the children enjoying outside in the fresh air. Playing in the park that will soon be bare because of the soon coming cold air. So I walk…
As I stroll home, I am thankful for the relief the season of fall provides. Anxiously waiting for the upcoming holidays to arrive.