Ra Rises- After a Pharaoh's Death | Teen Ink

Ra Rises- After a Pharaoh's Death

March 18, 2016
By hairoldi GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
hairoldi GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sand swirled--reflecting rays of light as though it was protects the king from the rising sun.

The Pharaoh fulfilled the promise of life. He laid of stone--while others mourn.
A mountain they’d built to assist in his journey. At midday each pushing together like men in an army.

Four at base each leading to the sky--the perfect place for him to die.
He would rise again, with Ra in his sights, but not before he conquers twelve at night.
The rays of light no longer able to harm, as his body laid deep he would soon wake to twelve alarms.

His soul departed and into a dream he fell.
A boat greeted his soul to bring him down to the first gate of trial.
A restless life led him through the gates of three, not needed to stop even to plee.
Two lakes met the Pharaoh at four, feeding Osiris’s gods, he fell to the shrines on the floor.

Through nine in no time--
No bliss fighting Apophis at an hour of twelve.
The beast in a bundle the Pharaoh finishes his fight with eleven.
The war is over, each god rejoices in the dismemberment of Apophis’s army.
but gate twelve greets the Pharaoh with a slumber that takes the king to his final hour.

Sun
rays burst beyond the heavens.
Twelve hours spent in the underworld of twelve trials.
The winds still whirls while the sand swirls each grain so gently.
But now each grain with no one to protect. The rays of Ra reach every inch of Egypt.
His body is rested and his worldly life vanished but reborn as Ra his light is forever cherished.