In My Eyes | Teen Ink

In My Eyes

April 20, 2016
By maggie1.3.h GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
maggie1.3.h GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Every eye reveals a story someone hides. David’s eyes are like daggers. They are needles constantly poking and prodding. His eyes hurt. His eyes are cold, confused and corrupted. He hides a past of anger and yelling.
Tom’s eyes are layered in plants. He grows them, just like his mind. His eyes are as healing as the aloe plant he gave to me. If I look long enough, I can see flecks of bright green around his dark pupil. His eyes are always preaching, planting, and race planning. He comes from a past of self love and growth.
Rocky’s eyes show the first winter night. Her eyes are like snowflakes in Russia. Snow falling onto the green ground. Her eyes are persistent and strong. Those eyes are ever swiftly swimming away from her self. Eyelashless eyes always smiling. She is from a past of wandering and foreign places.
My eyes are night grey. They are emotional and feel everything. They spent too much energy feeling, they forgot to make color. My eyes are like antennae bugs use to guide them. My eyes never cease their hunt for something new. My eyes are bored and excited. I am from a past of wilderness and adventure.