Nimona by N. Stevenson - Review | Teen Ink

Nimona by N. Stevenson - Review

November 22, 2023
By chaotic-writing-person BRONZE, Košice, Other
chaotic-writing-person BRONZE, Košice, Other
3 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Nimona is an adventure fantasy comic by author Noelle Stevenson. I personally really liked this comic, and I read it several times.


Nimona is a teenager with a sense of humor and a lot of sass. And she's also a shapeshifter. One day, she decides that the most famous supervillain in the kingdom needs her help, so she offers herself to be his sidekick. And so begins this action funny and perfect ride. This book completely debunks the myths of who is good and who is evil, and it's a really quick read.

Other characters include Ballister Blackheart, the aforementioned supervillain. He is a brilliant (and a bit crazy) scientist, and a genius. Once upon a time, he wanted to become a knight, but it didn't work out... and I won't give you spoilers!

These two are a really chaotic duo that sort of veers between good and evil - they're just anti-heroes. And they are excellent characters that you will enjoy reading about.

The author's drawing style is refreshing and beautiful. It really suited the story, even though I haven't seen it anywhere else. I also really liked the LGBT+ side of the story - it fit perfectly.

This comic was recently made into a movie, although the movie didn't stick to the book, it's also excellent (and has a great soundtrack).