Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! | Teen Ink

Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! MAG

Meet Richard Feynman. Without a doubt, he was the most peculiar, inquiring and comic man who ever lived. Not to mention that he was a world-renowned, Nobel Prize-winning, quantum electrodynamics developing physicist whose brilliance is compared to Einstein’s. A man who flourished on eyebrow-raising behavior, Feynman never ceased to amaze those who crossed his path.

As a kid, Feynman earned a bit of money from fixing radios. One day, he was having an unusually difficult time with one and started pacing until the customer grew exasperated and exclaimed, “What are you doing? You come to fix the radio, but you’re only walking back and forth!” Feynman assured his customer that he was thinking. Within minutes, he unraveled the mystery. Awestruck, the man spread the word of this genius child who fixed radios

by thinking.

From erecting a home laboratory to playing pranks during college and working on the A bomb during World War II, Feynman’s memories of his eccentric life are shared here. One thing is for sure - he has a lot to say. This book is a must read, whether you’re looking for scientific enlightenment or laughs.

Feynman’s implausible exploits are guaranteed to have you rolling on the floor. Impossible to put down, Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! will keep you amused and reading late into the night. His every adventure is astonishing and full of side-splitting action. A man who can find amusement in the most absurd things, Feynman’s high-flying antics will keep you craving more. His way of thinking outside the box offers an insightful perspective.

i love this !