BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker | Teen Ink

BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker

By hanfan24 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan
hanfan24 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan

"It is not the magnitude of your actions, but the amount of love you put into them that counts." Mother Teresa

“Hello, Father. I have the girl you think is your daughter.” BoneMan’s Daughters by Ted Dekker is a thrilling mystery that tells the story of a serial killer called BoneMan. He’s the flawless father in search of the flawless daughter. When the first six girls he abducted fell short of his expectations, he broke their bones one by one and left them to die alone.
Ryan Evans is the perfect Naval Intelligence Officer, executing every order faultlessly and saving countless lives in the process. However, when he returns home after a traumatic experience and countless years in war, he finds himself written out of his wife and daughter’s lives and is forced into solitude. But when BoneMan takes Ryan’s daughter, Bethany, as his next victim, Ryan finds himself caught up in a world of turmoil, hunting for BoneMan and racing the clock as his seven days to find her slip away.
In this bone chilling tale of bravery, remorse, and everlasting love, Ted Dekker questions everything we know about family and challenges us to stretch our mind to the breaking point. The way this book is written, with cliffhangers and bitter twists lurking around every corner, it’s impossible to put down from page one. The conflict Ted Dekker creates, being partly the fight for Bethany and partly the internal conflict within both Bethany and her father, forces us to step back and take a look at our own lives in a way that we never had, and leaves us exposed with our eyes open to things we had never seen before. Although this book may be best suited to people with a sense of thrill and mystery and possibly more mature readers, I feel that everyone can learn can learn a lot about life in general from this book.