Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks MAG

By Hailey Korte BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Hailey Korte BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

When was the last time you cried your eyes out reading a book? Message in a Bottle is a classic love story that melts your heart with every word. It tells the story of a divorced woman, Theresa, who falls in love with Garrett, a sailor. On her morning jog on a Cape Cod beach, Theresa finds a bottle with a message inside addressed to “Catherine,” simply signed “Garrett.” The letter warms her soul, so she sets out to find this love-struck man. But what she doesn't know is that Garrett also lost the one he loved. Catherine had passed away.

Well, believe it or not, Theresa finds Garrett, and they grow close. But what happens next is unexpected and truly remarkable. After fights, twists, and turns, they fall in love.

Sparks' style grabbed me right from the beginning. I love how he makes the setting the beach and water. The point of view and the voice are truly amazing. These features slowly pull you deeper in, hanging you by a thread, waiting to find out what happens next.

I really liked this book, and I couldn't put it down. In the letter Garrett writes Theresa at the end, tears blurred my vision. My heart sank, and I surely felt what Theresa did.

Once again, Nicholas Sparks has hypnotized the human heart and soul. This book tells of a love that is everlasting and unbreakable. I kept reading because it got more interesting with every page. I recommend this to any guy or girl who is
in the mood for an emotional love story they will remember forever.

OMG!!! said...
on Jan. 2 2013 at 4:17 am
I LOVED YOUR REVIEW !!!
amaaaaaaaazing!!  i am currently reading this book (ALL THANKS TO YOU!!)
Loved your review!!