Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

March 22, 2012
By emi_is_fab SILVER, Cambridge, Massachusetts
emi_is_fab SILVER, Cambridge, Massachusetts
8 articles 0 photos 3 comments

In a world far from their own, Carter and Sadie Kane struggle to save their world from an evil snake named Aporphis. With danger and adventure lurking around every corner, this book will always have you guessing what’s going to happen next. This is an amazing novel that will keep you on your toes, and makes you feel like you are actually there with Carter and Sadie on their Journey. If you like stories with danger, adventure and a whole lot of magic, than The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan is the book for you.

The main problem in the book is that the evil snake Aporphis is trying to break free from his prison and swallow the sun, and the sun god and divulge the entire world into chaos. Sadie and Carter must do everything in their power to stop him from destroying all the good in the world. In order to save the world they must wake the sun god, by finding all three parts of the book of RA. However, when Carter gets side tracked by the love of his life, a girl met in the first book named Zia, will they make it in time?

I like many things about this book. First, the story is told from different perspectives. Sadie and Carter each trade off telling the story which is really interesting because it gives the reader the chance to get two different points of view on the story. Another thing that I like about this book is that it keeps the reader on edge and always guessing because with the Kane’s, the reader never knows what could happen! There are also some things I don’t like about the book. For one, I don’t like how it goes to quickly throughout the plot. I always feel like there could be more to it, like the author didn’t give me enough information. Another thing that I didn’t like about this book was that there was not enough action where I thought there should have been more and too much action where I thought there should be less. All in all the likes overcame the dislikes and it was a fabulous read.

The theme that I thought was in The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan was that with courage you could do anything for the people you care the most about. The reason I chose this theme was because in the book Carter and Sadie had to make a lot of courageous sacrifices including losing their friend Bes, and almost losing their own lives themselves. This theme is significant to the world because it shows that people will do anything for the ones they love. This was the theme that I thought was in The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend this book, The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan for all readers who like books with love, adventure, and magic. This action packed book has many great qualities and is a way of grabbing the reader’s interest throughout the story. This book is full of adventure and learning. What would you choose saving the love of your life, or saving the world? In the book Carter and Sadie have faced many challenges before, but are they ready for the ones that await them? Sacrifices must be made in order to accomplish their goal but the question is, is it even worth it to try? With Magic and courage they can do anything as long as they have each other.


The author's comments:
i hope that after reading this, you would want to read this book because i really liked it and hope that you will too. Nothing particular inspired me to write this except for my amazing ELA teacher.