Lockdown: Escape From Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith | Teen Ink

Lockdown: Escape From Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith

October 10, 2012
By schme17 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
schme17 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Lockdown: Escape From Furnace” by Alex Gordon Smith is a real page turner with excitement in every corner. With this Science Fiction, nothing can go wrong!

Alex, the main character, is at one his regular house robbings with his partner in crime, Toby. When the blacksuits, the guards from Furnace, come in the middle of the robbery, they kill Toby and blame Alex for it. Now, somehow he has to survive Furnace by dodging giant skinless dogs, vicious gangs, and brutal guards. But Alex comes up with a plan, a plan to escape! But how can you escape a prison in the center of the earth?

For starters, Alex is a great character. He's fearless and won't back down from a fight. He has a very strong willed mind, is funny, and always has his friends backs.

People who like a futuristic Science fiction thriller that will keep you guessing after every chapter, then you will love this book! People who like fantasies with unicorns and princess' then keep looking because this book will keep you on the edge of your seat urging Alex on to get home!

There is also a movie coming out soon so you better go and read it quick so you can talk about how they left out important details in the movie!

This book is hands down the most exiting book you will ever read! So go on, take that short walk to your school library and check it out, you know you want to!