Impulse by Ellen Hopkins | Teen Ink

Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

Does over 600 pages sound like a little much? At times, yes but it isn't a reason not to read the book Impulse by Ellen Hopkins. I highly recommended this book for anyone who is up for a challenge. If intense writing and meaningful life lesson's interests you, you will love this book.

Impulse is about three teenagers, Vanessa, Connor, and Tony in the psychiatric hospital for those who have attempted suicide. They took every chance they could to get out of the horrible lives they were living in. “Sometimes you don't wake up. But if you happen to, you know things will never be the same.”
But now they have a chance to redeem themselves and with the help of each other, they found their true selves again, and started their lives over.
Ellen Hopkins has a unique writing technique by stringing together short lines to put more impact on the book. I found myself caring for Vanessa, Connor and Tony as the troubled teenagers start depending each other and dealt with their problems. Hopkins makes the characters very real and distinct and is easy to fall in love with her series.
I won't ruin the ending, but it's an ending worth reaching. Impulse is the third book in the Crank Series. Along with Crank, Burned, Identical, and Glass. Now GO READ IT!

Tally Markz said...
OMG this book was awesome! The first I read by Ellen Hopkins. Honestly, i practically fell in love wiht Conner.

mang9believe said...
on Jan. 5 2009 at 1:57 am
This book was amazing! It shows so much emotion from different personalities and backgrounds, all going through the hardship of suicide and self-hate. This book is an A in my world..Alothough it is sad it has great meaning to its readers.