The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini | Teen Ink

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

By _alliebug BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
_alliebug BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

The Kite Runner is a stunning, very well written book that will make you want to read the book from start to end. This novel is mainly about a boy that grows up with regret and has a chance to redeem himself.

The novel is about 2 boys that grew up together and had a good bond with each other. Amir, lived in a wealthy home with a well known father, and Hassan, his servant’s son, were like brothers and so were their fathers. Baba (Amir’s dad) grew up with Ali (Hassan’s dad), Baba loved Ali and he loved Hassan just as he was his own son. Amir is always trying to win Baba’s attention because of his dad’s reputation. But Amir wasn’t the brave type, he really loved to read and write. Hassan couldn’t read so Amir always read to him because Hassan loved hearing stories. They loved to do kite running and use slingshots just like normal boys would.

This story starts in Kabul, Afghanistan in the 70s before any war broke off there. Amir lived in the rich area so life was great until the 80s came. In this book, you experience all the major events that took place in Afghanistan with the main character. I could feel the pain he went through and the suffering he dealt with. This book brought me to tears near the end because of how vivid it became. You witness the dramatic changes Kabul dealt with from the 70s to 2000s. This book made me change my perspective on Afghanistan and all that they went through.

All in All, I truly recommend this book to read. It’s not boring at all and will keep you interested the whole way through. It won lots of rewards and I understand why since I have read it. The Kite Runner is by far my new favorite book. Words cannot describe how good this book was. I would for sure rate this a 5 out of 5. This story was so vivid and really had me wanting to read it. I read it in 4 days and that’s very fast for a girl like me. This story will make you smile, laugh, be mad, make you cover your mouth, and cry. It is an emotional book and really gets you into it. I recommend this book and when you are reading it, bring tissues. Read The Kite Runner and I know you’ll love it.