La La Land | Teen Ink

La La Land

By 5bamba BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5bamba BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

In one of the most populated cities in the United States, the story of two young people in love in the midst of trying to make their dream professions come true, the two young souls of Mia and Sebestian begin their stories in chase of their dreams. In this amazing production by Damien Chazell, La La Land, there will be glimpses of love, disagreement, and sadness. Not knowing one another yet, Mia and Sebastian shared very common similarities, like not knowing what true love is, along with trying to chase their dreams and not giving up on them even though their dreams had few chances to be achieved. Though their first encounter is not one to remember, they would soon stumble upon each other once again, where they begin to learn more about each other and realize their similarities.

Once these two characters' relations take off with one another, they soon begin to realize how much they can help each other chase their dreams that were once thought to be unattainable. Though through each other’s help once they were able to get their opportunities to achieve their dreams, they soon realized that their relationship would be often difficult due to the consistent busy schedules reducing their interactions. 

Though this story is not like your typical movie it still provides you with everything you look for in a movie which includes: great character development, emotion, love, and heartbreak. This story is told through great dialogue, and the music provides great understanding on what the movie is truly about. The roles of Mia and Sebestian played by Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone are played extremely well and allows people who are observing to see it more about the love between two people rather than two actors playing the roles of two characters in love. Though the story is more of a musical rather than a movie, it is still played by incredibly talented actors truly accepting their own roles. Though, many people may not enjoy listening to the sound of music during an entire movie; the music during this great film tells you an amazing story.

Although, this movie is a fantastic film and should be strongly recommended. There are still some cons and should be noted before watching this. La La Land is not your average movie because it consists of more music than actual character to character dialogue, as well as lots of dancing. Along with the music over dialogue piece, and dancing it also is a very long film and is a movie that will require a large time commitment. Other than those few things that may drag you away this movie is still strongly recommended.

A classic piece