Breaking Dawn Part 2 | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn Part 2

January 21, 2013
By daniellechilson SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
daniellechilson SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Stephanie Meyer, the highly successful New York Times bestseller author, has created a phenomenon for teens all around the world. Teens have fallen in love with the romance of human, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), and vampire, Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) as they face many challenges throughout their relationship in Meyer’s second novel, The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

Since 2008, the Twilight Saga has made a big impact on the entertainment world. Just months ago, on November 16, the phenomenon came to an end with the last installment, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, hitting theaters.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 ended with Bella nearly dying during her pregnancy and after giving birth to her newborn half human/half vampire baby.

The epic finale continues with the life of vampirism as Bella is no longer human and gets to continue her life with her newly husband, Edward and his family, the Cullen’s.

Bill Condon, the director of both The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, concluded the saga with an exclusive ending that surprised many (because of the way the book and the movies end’s differ).
The movie offers readers and moviegoers the ending they hoped for. It was thrilling and a great end to the exciting years of The Twilight Saga.

In response to the last installment, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 was everything anyone would expect out of the final movie. It was definitely a movie that didn’t disappoint. The battle scene was a definite shock. It began to follow the story line of the book, but you began to question if the final movie was going to end in a way that was very intense and definitely not, in any way, like the book. The fight scene was action-packed and put you at the movie-watchers at the end of their seats.

Condon concluded the final movie of the saga with a heartwarming scene that, again, brought a surprise to many. He couldn’t have ended the movie in another way. He definitely brought the movie installments up another notch.

From the opening of the movie to the epic fight scene at the end of the movie, Condon used his creative and effective ways of directing to give moviegoers the ending they anticipated and have been waiting for since 2008, when the first movie, Twilight, first hit theaters on November 17.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, was a particular highlight of 2012.