Catching Fire | Teen Ink

Catching Fire

December 12, 2013
By taylor2992 BRONZE, Hemet, California
taylor2992 BRONZE, Hemet, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Catching Fire


On November 22nd the much-anticipated sequel to Hunger Games came out in theaters. The movie opens to Katniss back in District 12, now residing in her beautiful, large home given to her for being the victor of the 74th annual Hunger Games. Can’t you just hear Effie announcing that loud and clear for all to hear? I can. One would think all would be well now that she and Peeta won. But, all is not well. After, killing people, having to survive against a game maker plotting to kill her, and nearly losing Peeta, the emotional struggle is great. The struggle of the people is great as well, with harsh peacekeepers coming and disturbing the peace more than keeping it. You may think there is nothing left to happen now that Katniss and Peeta are victorious. Maybe a cute love story of how great things are afterwards? Most definitely not. An unpredictable happening occurs that changes everything and calls for an amazing story. This action-packed film out does its prequel greatly, the acting is phenomenal, the costumes unique and entertaining, and the ending unbelievable. A story that seemed to be tied up and done with suddenly becomes something much larger. The picture becomes clearer in your mind and you see just how big this is going to become. Katniss always stands out and she is the one to change the whole of this society. The ending leaves you right on that cliff begging for more. Dying at having to wait so long to see how this trilogy will conclude.