I, Robot | Teen Ink

I, Robot

By dragonlover BRONZE, Sierra Vista, Arizona
dragonlover BRONZE, Sierra Vista, Arizona

I, robot is a movie that’s based in Chicago in the year 2035 where there are high tech robots and hover cars based on a collection of Isaac Asimov stories. [The director Alex Proyas who won an Oscar for I, robot and Alex also directed The Crow and Dark City.] The main character Del Spooner [Will Smith who played in a lot of movies like Man in Black, Wild Wild West, and Hancock]. [Detective Spooner was on a case for homicide and find out that a robot named Sonny [Alan Tudyk] who was nominated for best on screen duo.] Sonny was the only robot that didn’t have to obey the three laws of robotics which was a perfect circle of protection.

I think it was cleaver that the director came up with the three laws. The first law is a robot may not injure a human; the second law is a robot must obey any order given by a human unless it breaks the first law, and the third is a robot must protect its existence unless that protection conflicts with the first and second laws.

Susan Calvin [Bridget Moynahan] and she played in one of my favorite parts was when a robot was attacking Will Smith’s character Bridget’s character shot the robot with her eyes closed.

What I liked was how the director used the cameras. For example when a robot is spinning on a hanging pole the camera spun in the opposite direction. The only thing that I did not like was it started a little slow. What I also liked was the music done by Marko Beltrami.
The way he worked some of the old fashioned music from like 1980’s into such a futuristic movie it was brilliant. The set was breathtaking it looked like a world I would like to live in.