The Walking Dead | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead

April 26, 2024
By 5sherman BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5sherman BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments


I started watching The Walking Dead from what my mom had to say about it. She would talk about how it's relatively gory and scary to someone my age (I was 12), but wouldn’t let me watch it. So, of course, I wanted to find any way I could to watch it. 

Nothing was better than watching a show that your parents didn't want you to watch. The pure suspense that I would get from secretly watching it without my parents knowing was already enough to make me go crazy. But with all the good things about it that my mom would say I couldn't resist myself. And I had never watched anything better in my life.

Even in the first episode, the mix of sounds and suspense was more than I had expected. For it to start with a character, Rick Grimes, who is clueless about what has happened to the world being someone who is completely comfortable with how it is in only a few days gives the viewer the thought of someone with a strong mind as the main character. 

The characters played the role surprisingly well. With how the characters look, matching their role in the cast just as well as playing it. For example, Daryl looks like he couldn't have a care in the world about what is going on in the world and he doesn't. Someone else who matches their character well is Carol an older lady, you would assume that she is a scared lady who is very fearful for her life and she is. When you watch it you can tell someone's personality right from how they look. With the mix of different people and their personalities. Another thing that you could tell is who in the group will be friends. Something that you notice after watching it multiple times is how they all act makes more and more sense on what they do in the show and why they do it. 

Black and white is what you would normally think of in an older movie or show. But no—there was none of that. there was a show with outstanding CGI and coloring. You can normally tell when something is CGI and it doesn't look the best, but in this show, you can't tell. It looks to all be in real-life scenes that you could go visit. 

This show gave me the suspense that I was looking for in a show, the suspense wouldn't go away even after something happened it was always lurking around. With the suspenseful music or the dead silence. In all the times I have watched it, I haven't seen anyone I can acknowledge from any other show or movie that I have seen. 

The Walking Dead is a great show to watch, I recommend it.