Breaking Bad | Teen Ink

Breaking Bad

By Toneee SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Toneee SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Breaking Bad

On the final season of the Emmy award winning show, Breaking Bad will be coming to an end in the final week of September 2013. In my opinion one of the greatest television shows that has been on air. The main character, Walter White (played by Bryan Cranston), is a genius chemistry teacher who has a serious problem. Walt has been diagnosed with lung cancer. When Walt dies he wants his family to be covered financially, so he makes the life changing decision to go into the business of producing and selling methamphetamine with and old student of his, Jessie Pinkman (played by Aaron Paul).

This is one of my favorite shows because there are a lot of things that I enjoyed about it. I love how the writers made his life change. At first Walt’s life is normal, going to teach every day, going home afterwards to be his family, his son and his pregnant wife. After a while His wife knows that something is going on because he always is working late and has an extra cell phone. This is the beginnings of Walt’s lies. Another thing that I enjoyed was the way that the plot was setup. Walt and Jessie don’t just start out big time, they have to meet people and do things that they have never done before. They make tons of life changing decisions and also make a lot of sacrifices so that they can make money and have the best product on the market.

Although this is considered a great show by many, it still has some flaws. One flaw that it has is the prelude to the actual show beginning. Before every show starts are either show something that happens in the future or something that has already happened awhile back that has nothing to do with the story. Having the prelude that shows something that hasn’t happened, gives away some of the drama in my opinion. Since you already know something that happens, you can piece together things that may happen.

This show is a combination of Prison Break and The Challenge. I think this because Walt has to hide and avoid getting caught by the police and his family. He also has to overcome unusual obstacles that the average person does not deal with every day. Having to hide everything from his family makes them suspicious of his doings, but they have no idea what he is involved in. On the other hand he has a totally normal life, besides the fact he has lung cancer, he provides for his family and does everything he can so his children can have the best life possible.
I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who would want to watch on Netflix, because the series is basically over now. If you like shows with beautiful acting and a great in depth plot, this is the show for you. You will get a lot of drama, action, sadness, and excitement from this show. This is one of my favorite all time shows, and if you would watch it would probably be yours to.
This will certify that the above work is completely original.