“Around the pomegranate”- “I just want to feel normal again” | Teen Ink

“Around the pomegranate”- “I just want to feel normal again”

By AewWithTheArtz BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
AewWithTheArtz BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

If life gets you down, Blast the music.

Was and still is a lyric that hit all in the Wilbur Soot fan base.

Wilbur Soot's new album “Mammilion sighing reflex.” Was dropped on 11/30/23 At midnight. He announced it one day on Philza Minecraft’s stream, and nowhere else.

All his songs and lyrics have a tone to it, that just hits the feels.

Everyone started thinking deeply into his songs; specifically “Around the Pomegranate.” 

Digging up theories. A lot have theorized that it's about a friend of Wilbur's, who had passed on June 2022. And it puts much into the song that makes them theorize that. As for “...Sun kissed in June.” and “I just want to have meals with my friends.” 

In this song the hurt in his voice is strong; The pitch of his voice and the amount of force he puts into it, all shows he's hurting.

And this loss has made a huge impact, on not just him, but the fan base and people around it.

I won't go too deep into it, because it still makes me feel hurt.

About two to three years ago, during a stream with some of Wilbur's friends Quackity and Jschlatt; he announced that he was thinking of releasing a song one day that was named “Amazon Standing Lamp.” or in his words then, “Heavy Top Amazon Standing Lamp.” and to look out for it. And sure enough on November 30 2023 he indeed did. 

Schlatt at the time asked ‘Why that name?’ Which Wilbur's answer was that everyone had that lamp, everyone was getting it at the time and it was popular too. 

Which in his song, he states stuff such as, “You’d think it'd get a lot easier without you” and “The only light left in my life” which there are probably many theories to this, as in like; It's just a lamp, getting rid of it should be easy. But looking into it you can tell it’s something of a metaphor. As I put my thoughts into it, there's a lot of mentionings in it about someone, and some… older behaviors. I’d say that he was having a rough time and he was trying to distract himself. But don't quote me on it, because it's just a theory(A game theory. 😎 …Sorry had to put this in here.)

The song also gives off a soft and calming vibe; having it feel comforting. His voice layers on it, making it blend very well, and the guitar and background instruments goes smoothly. 

Now, the lyrics bring up a lot of meanings and stories, tales that the artist either wants to share or get off their chest. Like in Wilbur Soot's song “Droppedship Cat Shirt” He puts a lot of emotion into it. Some of the lyrics could be looked at and be confusing, like the last couple of phrases “Sixteen bathrooms/sixteen bedrooms/sixteen fridges/64-bit computers/fifteen of them/oh how must nice it must be/To feel so bored.” I might not know the full meaning, but it seems to be relevant to what Wilbur wants to get across. Also, the name of the song is intriguing to me. I don't know the meaning behind it, but I feel like it has to do with something.

Lots of his songs have strong emotions behind them all. Like some of my favourites being “Around the Pomegranate” and “I Don't think it will ever end” just because I feel attached to these, and feel like I can agree and relate in a way. I think Wilbur would want that; Not for someone to feel hurt in that way. But for someone to at least be able to relate to something. For his music to be enjoyed and carried in a way that it feels connected

.

Some of his songs’ lyrics are sad but laced with honey, or sweetness that makes the vibe feel nice, but there's that thought and hurt in his voice even if he tries to cover it. The feelings are being brought up. Whether he wants it to or not, someone will notice, even if theres instruments layered over. And that's ok. It just means it's more sentimental, and appreciative.  

In Wilbur's music, he doesn't seem to try that hard of hiding how he's feeling or to cover it up. I think it's enjoyable in every way. 

William Gold, also known as Wilbur Soot; A twitch streamer and the lead singer in Lovejoy Released his first song on May tenth twenty twenty-one, called ‘One Day’. 

His first released song, not in his band but on his main. Was “The “Nice Guy” Ballad.” Which was released back in January 21, 2018.

He blew up around 2018-2019 due to his performance on the Dream SMP. He had a huge audience on his stream, as he was playing a Minecraft roleplay with his friends, and soon to feel like family. 

Currently, he's been on tour with Lovejoy, singing around the world. 

As of now, he hasn't been streaming much, but when he does, his fanbase cheers him on. 

He joined his friend's Minecraft roleplay world called the Qsmp, which the ‘Q’ stands for Quackity, who had created the first multi-lingual smp.

But in my conclusion. Wilbur Soot, and his album “Mammilion sighing reflex” Is amazing—lovely even. The phrases and meanings to them, and welcoming and soothing tunes are something I cherish and enjoy.

I love his music and will listen to it anytime I can. Maybe if you found this intriguing enough and want to hear some of his music, you can go check him out on (mostly any platform) at ‘Wilbur Soot’ or his band ‘LoveJoy.’

I really liked working on this piece. It was fun to work on something you enjoy, and I really liked the music; so I listened to the music as I was researching.