CRUISE SHIP | Teen Ink

CRUISE SHIP

November 1, 2013
By zack lumb BRONZE, Salem, New Hampshire
zack lumb BRONZE, Salem, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In November of 2010 my family and I drove to the airport to get on a plane to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. When we landed in Florida it was nighttime. We got off the plane and got into one of the service buses and went to our hotel. We hadn’t eaten all night so we went out to eat. When we got back we were all wicked tired so we brushed our teeth and went to bed. When we woke up,we woke up late. The alarm didn't go off so we were rushed to take showers and then to eat breakfast. After breakfast we got on the shuttle bus and rode to the boat port.
When we got there I could tell that my moms money went in for good use. In Front of me was the nine-hundred and fifty-two foot long carnival glory cruise ship. It was glimmering with the sun reflecting off the side of it. It holds two-thousand nine hundred eighty four people. Plus the crew of one thousand one hundred fifty people. When we crowded on the ship we went straight to our room. We had a top balcony room. The sight was beautiful. After we unpacked we instantly went around exploring the cruise ship.
The cruise ship was huge. It had three pools four hot tubs and two water slides. The ship also had one whole deck just for a casino bar area. Obviously I was too young to go in there considering I was only eleven. It had a theater where they played music, told jokes, and did plays. The ship had a buffet where you could an unlimited amount of slices of pizza. In total the ship had fourteen floors. After exploring the ship we went to dinner. After dinner we went to sleep.
When i woke up we were in the bay of Grand Turk. When we got off the ship we went straight to the beach. We rented snorkeling gear while we were there. I saw a humongous turtle. I want to say that it was bigger than me. When we finished snorkeling we went into the beach pool area. At the area there was a weird wake-boarding thing. Obviously my brother and i had to try it. They taught me how to do all these cool tricks on a wake board. It hurt when you fell off though. When we finished we both got a certificate saying that we did it.


The author's comments:
tHE FUN I HAD