I Waited for What Seemed Like Eternity | Teen Ink

I Waited for What Seemed Like Eternity

I waited for what seemed like eternity until I heard the motorcycle in the distance. I had specifically told him to be here at 2:30 sharp. Why did he take so long? It’s not that hard to got to one place at one time. That’s all I have ever asked of him, yet he can’t even do that. I know this has been hard for him in the last few months, but I’m sure if I am the only thing he has left he would be sure to try to do such simple things like this. I know what she did to him was wrong, but I really do need to talk to her, she is my mum. He doesn’t even need to come into the hospital with me, he could just go to a coffee shop that’s around there and read. My mother met Trev about four and a half years ago, and he has been the love of her live, and she has been of his. I know she did something terribly stupid, and to be honest, I understood why he doest want to see her just yet. She did run off with a man she barley knew and left me with him, and then was found a month and three weeks later with meth in her car. He stressed over her for so long just to be hurt even more. Trev is a nice guy, a really nice guy. He’s the best dad I ever had, the only one I ever knew. He shouldn’t have to raise me. I’m not his real child, but I love him and I want him to raise me, he’s the only person I have now. He seems to love me too, he always says he does, that I’m his girl. I guess I’m just selfish. I know he doesn’t deserve to have to feed another mouth, but I don’t want to be alone. We got to the hospital in about twenty minutes. He kept saying sorry he was late and he promised he wont do it again, but I know with everything that’s happening to him he will. I told him it’s okay and I really did mean it. He told me if he could stay with me he would, but he just isn’t strong enough yet. He told me he would be waiting for me. The hospital didn’t smell as clean as it should. I was told to go up the elevator to the rehab center and they’ll show me where she is. A young looking nurse with small features and a pixie cut of brown hair that seemed to want to go everywhere brought me to her room. As I entered mum looked up. This was the first time I had seen her since she left us. I stared in shock at what she had become. He face was hollowed and she had sores all over her face. She didn’t look like my mother. I wanted to turn to the nurse and ask her why she showed me this women. Was she trying to hurt me? Why would this stranger lie to me? Deep down I knew the answer. This was my mother. I missed my old mum. The mum who used to show up at all my concerts, the mum who used to braid my hair. The mum who cared about me. She reached a hand that looked skeletal out towards me. I automatically took a step back. I want to so ask her so many questions. Why she left me. Why she left Trev. Why she doesn’t love me. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I knew what this meant. My life will never be back to normal. I’ll never have the same mum. My life will never be the same. “mum….?” I whispered. She looked up at me with sad eyes. “I’m…. so… sorry Christina…” She murmured. I knew why Trev didn’t want to come inside to see her. Until I seen her smile, until I seen her happy again… I’ll never be able to be okay again. I wanted to turn and run. I wanted to give her a hug and tell her everything will be okay. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. But most of all I wanted for my mother to be okay. She looked at me once more and turned her head so I wouldn’t see her cry.