A Born Pink Memory | Teen Ink

A Born Pink Memory

September 13, 2023
By Anonymous

It was a very cold morning, 2023, New York. Samantha had been waiting for this day her whole life… BLACKPINK, her favorite k-pop group of all time would finally be performing at MetLife Stadium after a 2 year-hiatus. The group would be going to New Jersey for their North American Encore, somewhere Samatha would finally be able to go to their concert after being a fan for many years.
She had became a fan after hearing their song “Kill This Love” in 2019, Jennie instantly became her favorite member. She immediately learned all their songs and dances, her favorite songs became “DDU-DU-DDU” “BOOMBAYAH” and “PLAYING WITH FIRE”, but “Kill This Love” still had a very special place in her heart, after all it was the first song she discovered from the group. Samantha saved up for months to be able to get a good seat, and when the presale started she got a seat in the first row, her dream was coming true. Samantha would finally be able to see her favorite group of all time! As the date for the concert neared Samantha was getting nervous and excited. She knew she needed to find a way to get noticed by Jennie or any of the other members.
The day finally came, D-DAY. August 12th, BLACKPINK was here. Samantha got up early to be able to get a good spot for the show. She made a remake outfit of Jennie’s Kill This Love outfit, it was a glamorous tomboy style type of outfit. She wore the iconic Jennie combat gloves along with the white shorts and grey crop top. “Why are you wearing that to the concert?” Samantha’s mom asked. “It’s from the music video mom, I’ve played it enough times in front of you, you should know this mom!” - Samantha replied. “Oh I’ve seen to many BLACKPINK music videos, I don’t even know which one is which!” - Samantha’s mom chortled. “What time is Sodanin coming here?” - Samantha’s mom asked. “Uh, probably in like an hour or two, were matching outfits!” - Samantha replied. “I’m not even surprised you guys are like SpongeBob and Patrick! You’ve been inseparable since 1st Grade!” - Samantha’s mom asserted. “I know!” - Samantha proclaimed. Samantha waited patiently for Sodanin to come, then “DING”. Sodanin was here, so Samantha was ready. Tonight was gonna be the best night of her life, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity that Samantha would finally get. As Samantha and Sodanin took the train to New Jersey something happened, a delay! “What are we gonna do?! It’s gonna be delayed until 6PM and the concert starts at 8PM!” - Samantha exclaimed. “We will still make it, its like a 30 minute train ride and it takes us right to the stadium!” - Sodanin answered. “I know, but we still need to get some merch and our lighstick!” - Samantha replied. “Don’t worry we’ll make it.” - Sodanin said, trying to comfort Samantha. As they waited for the train they we’re watching BLACKPINK music videos from Sodanin’s phone, and before you knew it, “RINGGGGG”. “Train J816 to MetLife Stadium boarding now!”- said a crancky voice over the intercom. “Finally!” - Samantha said. Sodanin and Samantha both boarded the train, “I can’t believe were finally making it!” - Sodanin exclaimed.
Samantha and Sodanin both finally made it to the Stadium precisely at 6:14, 15 minutes earlier! They both sprinted towards the merch line like their life depended on it. Eventually both of them got to the front of the merch line, Sodanin got a “BORN PINK WORLD TOUR” shirt along with a “PyongBong Lighstick v.2”, while Samantha got a “BORN PINK WORLD TOUR” shirt, a “Jennie Bear Plushie” and a “PyongBong Lightstick v.2”. Samantha and Sodanin both made it just in time for the VIP Soundcheck. Lisa, Jennie, Jisoo, and Rosé came up on stage for the VIP Soundcheck, “AAAHHHH”- Samantha and Sodanin screamed. This was the first time they ever saw the members this up close! The members would perform ‘The Girls’ one of their unreleased songs and soon they left before the concert would start.
The Stadium filled up quickly afterwards, it was estimated that there was to be over 65,000+ attendees at today’s concert. Samantha started to get nervous, would she be noticed by any of the members among a crowd of 65,000+ people? “2 minutes till 8 and they’re still just playing music videos on the screens!” - Sodanin exclaimed. “I know well, ‘Shut Down’ just started, that usually means that the show is ab-” Samantha was interrupted mid sentence. “AAAAAAHHHHH” the loud screams of the crowd as a result of all the PyongBong’s connecting, signifying the concert was about to start.
The lights turned off and in the soundtrack a whistle note started playing, “Hey Boy” was all that was said before the crowd went wild. It had started. “OMG! They’re gonna sing WHISTLE” - Samantha yelled. It was finally coming true, her dream of seeing BLACKPINK was finally coming true. All members went upstage and started dancing and singing their hearts out. Both Samantha and Sodanin danced and sang the night away, crying, laughing, vibing along to the show. But wait, they haven’t played Kill This Love? “I wonder when they are gonna play Kill This Love” - Samantha asked. “I don’t know, hopefully soon!” - Sodanin answered.
“Okay guys, for our encore you guys get to choose between As If It’s Your Last or Kill This Love” - Jennie said to the crowd. “What, omg! They need to play Kill This Love!” - Samantha exclaimed. “Lets see which crowd is loudest, BLINKS! SCREAM NOW IF YOU WANT AS IF ITS YOUR LAST!” - Rosé said to the crowd. A loud scream was heard throughout the stadium, it sent chills down Samantha’s spine. “Ok, ok this was pretty loud” - Lisa said. “Ok BLINKS! SCREAM IF YOU WANT KILL THIS LOVE!” - Jisoo said to the crowd. “AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!” - Samantha screamed, this was the loudest scream she had ever produced. “OMG! You guys are really loud! Especially you!” - Jennie said pointing towards Samantha. “OMGGGGGGG!!!!” - Samantha screamed grabbing onto Sodanin. “Kill This Love it is then” - Jennie said.
“It’s finally happening!” - Samantha said. Then the loud trumpets of Kill This Love started playing, the whole Stadium filled with excited screams. “OH MY GODDD!” - Samantha and Sodanin yelled. “BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA!” - Lisa said. “KIM JISOO, KIM JENNIE, PARK CHAEYOUNG, LALISA, L-O-V-E, KILL, THIS, LOVE” - Samantha and Sodanin both yelled the fanchant for the song excitedly. “천사 같은 "Hi" 끝엔 악마 같은 "Bye"
매번 미칠듯한 high 뒤엔 뱉어야 하는 price, 이건 답이 없는 test, 매번 속더라도 yes 딱한 감정의 노예, 얼어 죽을 사랑해” - Jennie, Samantha, and Sodanin all sang along to the song dancing and vibing to it. Finally “LET’S KILL THIS LOVE…” and the song was over. “BYE BLINKS, WE LOVE YOU!! SEE YOU SOON!!” - all the members said as they left the stage. Samantha and Sodanin both cried as their post-concert depression was starting to hit them.
This was definitely a Born Pink Memory.


The author's comments:

This is just a made up story, they didn't end up playing Kill This Love in real life :sobs: