Darkened Clouds | Teen Ink

Darkened Clouds

By Fishie PLATINUM, El Cajon, California
Fishie PLATINUM, El Cajon, California

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”

David looked into the dark clouds floating in the endless blue sky. His eyes clouded over with tears as he stared into the sea of overcrowded people. He sat perched on an old building surrounded by those dark clouds. He could reach out and touch them if he so dared. David's faint smile faded as more clouds gathered in the sky until there was no more blue to be seen. He slowly rose from his hidden perch and decided to sit, curled in a ball, upon the roof that was surrounded by those dark clouds. He sat crying and shouting to feel some kind of emotion, He closed his eyes hoping for something good to happen to him for once. Suddenly everything turned dark in a small matter of moments, but for David this occurrence was not unusual because he was use to feeling the dark clouds seep over his almost lifeless body, tears were sweeping down the dirt on his pale face. The tears rolled down his face until there were no more tears left to shed. He frantically looked for a way out. David had no other desire but to find a way out. He hoped and prayed for an end to his dark clouds. He closed his eyes, dreaming of a way to never have to open them again. He reached for something sharp enough to end his reality. He closed his eyes again.
"Hello."