In a Kiss | Teen Ink

In a Kiss

September 15, 2013
By Laxgurl14 BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
Laxgurl14 BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it's only the beginning


A Kiss can taste differently to a person.

A Kiss can taste like crashing cymbals, rumbling from the sky. It can taste like a tornado ready to burst and tear apart—like violent emotion. It can taste like a battle between Joy and Anger, unstoppable in their flow. It can taste like the aftermath of a storm, a rainbow coming out of the mist in the most cliché patterns. It can taste like jolting electricity, curling hands and toes in the most thought-provoking symphony.

A Kiss can taste like swelling currents from the sea. It can taste like blinding light, like wood burning from a campfire. It can taste like neon dreams, flashing and moving and resounding towards the massive glow of energy. It can taste like a skylight, blinking on and off, tangled above a city skyway.

A Kiss can taste like freedom. It can taste like the breath of fresh air and the realization that where it goes from there can either end or being something endless. It can taste like a swirl of soft colors nearing monochrome, the tints and shades still bursting underneath and by the side. It can taste like quiet emotion, like hot chocolate by the hearth; like books and flashlights under the covers. It can taste like a breeze that never dies, tinkling bells following with it like a joyful chorus.

A Kiss can taste like purity and clarity of sweetness. It can taste like a rainstorm during a hot, summer day. It can taste like childhood dreams echoing across the soft plains of innocence. It can taste like beauty and power. It can taste like strawberries dipped in chocolate with unfailing kindness from a mother.

A Kiss can taste like light and everything good in the world. It can taste like ice cream, lollipops and rainbow irises; angel-cake and chilled mocha cappuccinos, almost like a drug. It can taste like vanilla and chocolate, like cherry lip gloss with costumes made of lace and sparkling sequins. It can taste like it is moving and molding and brightening by itself, diamond-like. It can taste like happiness, carbonated sugar, chrysanthemum petals. It can taste like strobe lights above a dance floor, like pure bliss, a fragile being in a strong heart. It can taste like light itself, shining and destroying brought into by blinding hearts. It can taste like strength, like love that can be so explicable it’s hard to believe that it’s real.

A Kiss can taste like death and life. It can taste like rebirth and purity and truth. It can taste like a glimmer of white in the expanding black of shadows. It can taste like heaven and like hell. It can taste like winged angels and swords and demons. It can taste like cleansing from the tip of the soul to the swelling love in eyes and heart and minds. It can taste like family, tinkering and playing. It can taste like friendships, laughing and telling stories.

It can taste like love, like love so deep there is no other way than for two souls to connect than through a kiss.