Don't Say A Word | Teen Ink

Don't Say A Word

Kelly waited in the room with Savannah as Paul and Matt went out to pick up pizza. Savannah got up and sat next to Kelly.

“So, how’s Matty?” Kelly’s heart skipped a beat.

“He’s good.” Kelly rushed out of her mouth.

“You know what I meant. Like how are you two getting along?” Savannah moved in closer.

“We are fine,” Kelly smiled slightly. “Obviously we have had some up’s and down’s recently,” Kelly glared at Savannah. “But we are working through it.”

“You want to talk about it?” Savannahs knee was touching Kelly’s and Savannah leaned in a little. “I know we didn’t have the best start but people need to talk about things, you can tell me.” Kelly licked her dry lips and just starred at Savannah. Why is she asking me about Matt? I know she still has feelings for him or something! She cannot be this persistent to know about our relationship if she doesn’t still have feelings for him. I just don’t… And in that thought Savannah started to rub Kelly’s thigh up and when Kelly said nothing, Savannah then caressed Kelly’s cheek and then started to kiss her.

“Oh my God!” Kelly jumped back. “What are you doing?” Savannah looked like she just saw a ghost. Her face was pale, her mouth was ajar and her eyes were fearful.

“I don’t know, I just thought—”

“You just thought what? That I wanted to kiss you?! You know I have a boyfriend!” Savannah sat there with no words to say. Kelly’s heart was pounding and Kelly slid down the wall she was leaning on, all the way to the floor, processing what just happened. “You just kissed me,” Kelly whispered. “You just kissed me,” Kelly repeated, as if trying to convince herself of what happened. She started saying it again a little louder, then Kelly heard the keys rattling at the door and stopped.

“We are back!” Matt yelled. Savannah was back to her old self in an instant. She bounced up and gave Paul a hug and a kiss. Kelly was in awe of how quickly the mood changed. Matt looked at Kelly. “What?” his lips motioned.

“Later,” Kelly responded back silently.

This is just a piece from a novel i am working on