Disappearance | Teen Ink

Disappearance

By devonlongoria BRONZE, Houston, Texas
devonlongoria BRONZE, Houston, Texas

After a long school day, and football practice on October, 18 2031. Von was walking out the locker room and hopped in his truck and cruised home. While blaring some music he gets  a call from his friend Nate telling him to get on his game when he gets home. As Von is pulling into his driveway he notices his mom isn't home but doesn’t pay no mind to it. He puts away his backpack and walks into the kitchen to open the fridge and finds some leftovers to heat up. Few minutes later he cavorts upstairs to jump on his games and starts playing some matches with Nate. After a few hours pass, Von gets a call from his mom and she tells him to expeditiously turn on the Tv downstairs and put on the news because everyone is panicking. 

He jumps up then swings open his door and runs as fast as he can down the stairs while still on the phone he turns the Tv on to the news to see the reporter speaking with the head Nasa Administrator. The head Nasa Administrator was saying that something is wrong with the sun, it looks as though it is losing alot of gas as we speak. Which is giving a concern to all the head scientists that the sun might just explode. A few minutes later there is an important message radioed to the administrator saying the sun has just fulminated. As choppers take flight and cameras show people panicking and flooding out of downtown, supermarkets, and malls like a horde of buffalo running from predators. 

Just 8 minutes later the whole earth shakes as it just left its orbit around causing huge tsunamis and earthquakes around the world. The side facing the sun just boiled away from the shockwave of the sun and everything else just starts to quickly freeze. As the face of the earth just went completely extinct.

I was inspired to write this story because I always wondered what would happen if the sun just disapeared or exploded so I just had fun and made up what I thought would happen.