Life in 3000 | Teen Ink

Life in 3000

October 25, 2021
By singingturtle505 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
singingturtle505 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The year is 3000 and the Earth is about ready to break. The Earth is full of cracks in the ground and the air is smoggy because of pollution. Almost everything has died including viruses, vultures, and mosquitoes.  Inhabitants? Yes, there are still people living on the Earth, but the population is very small. There is a  family that was middle class, but it didn’t matter especially since there wasn’t food being sold, and everything is fought for instead of paid.  They weren’t smart and gave away their supplies to their neighbors around them making it so that they ran out of food very quickly.  At first, they couldn’t wet their lips, then they couldn’t get out of bed,  soon their hair began to fall out.  Gary, the father, and Maria, the mother, were heartbroken when they watched a cannibalistic cult take their kids.  “Why didn’t you save our kids?” 

Marie said tearfully, and Gary just says,”They are better off dead than living on this broken Earth.” 

They are devastated by their loss and they decide to do something about it.  They were going to try and save the kids that are inside the building where the cult keeps the children.  They go through horrible weather when they reach the building made of mud and rock.  They sneak in and free all the kids inside, and they learn about a safe haven that is built not far away.  When they get out a guard is standing there and starts to aim a gun at them.  Gary rushes the guard, giving the kids and Marie to escape.  He is killed.


The author's comments:

I chose mimicking an author for my literary device.  I will be trying to mimic Kurt Vonnegut.  You will see me attempt to mimic him with my introduction, dialogue, and creativity.