The strange world | Teen Ink

The strange world

April 9, 2013
By Anonymous

As my feet stumble through the oval shape like rocks I hear them click together. As the sky has no sunlight but gray cloud's and cold winds, The crows croak and the smell of pine tress fill my nose .. "follow me.." something whispered through the wind. My eye's went everywhere trying to see if anything or anyone was near. Green moss covered the trees and rocks. I turned around and started walking backwards so I wouldn't worry about anything behind me. I kept walking when rocks started getting really moist...wet... I slipped on a big chunk of rock and fell on to something. What could it be? I turned around seeing a wooden door covered in moss and vines, I stood slowly and kept blinking repeatedly am I going insane? I shook my head. "There has to be some sort of mistake" I whispered "There isn't.." said an unknown voice. I looked over seeing a girl that had golden blond hair that only shined for the sun. I gave her a confused face.. "Who are you?" I questioned awkwardly. Her ice blue eye's showed no emotion, I couldn't tell what she was thinking. She had vines wrapped around her head and a long white gown.. she seemed as if she's ten or maybe twelve. "That has nothing to do with what you have said" she said sternly, I blinked a couple of times. "You said it was a mistake of you being here am I right?" She said I nodded "yes". "Then it's wrong what you have said.. this forest doesn't make mistakes, it never has" I looked at the wooden door then back at her "Do you know anything about this door?" I pointed at it to show her. She laughed and then started walking away like that conversation we has just a second ago didn't even happen.. didn't even...exist. I looked back at the door, I started hearing a humming.. almost like a vibration sound. My ears felt tingly in some sort of way. I held on the golden nob, the coldness pierced on my dry skin that I had to let go. But it got stuck to the nob! I twisted it which made me fall into the door. I fell into a deep dark whole, I screamed as loud as I can thinking that someone was going to rescue me. I finally made it to the ground for some reason.. with no bones broken, no scratches just a jacket and snow. I laid on the snow feeling the cold on my neck how the way it tickled my skin and made it a bit numb. I got up slowly seeing trees holding heavy snow of their thin branches.. my hair has bits of snow so did my clothes. I looked at an unfamiliar jacket.. it had black and red plaid and had gray fur around the hoddie. "Shhhhhh" something whispered, I looked over seeing the gray ocean. I walked over to it standing on the sand.. cold sand.. "Let me share you my secret's." the ocean whispered to me. I sat down slowly as the ocean whispered...