War on Zulu | Teen Ink

War on Zulu

By HDA06 BRONZE, Weston, Florida
HDA06 BRONZE, Weston, Florida

Year of 2257, the aliens came to exterminate our species. We fought back with our inferior technology, and planet Earth fell into the hands of the aliens. The aliens are much more sophisticated than us humans. They are 6 feet high, they walk on four crab like legs, they have guns biologically attached to their hands, and have their own language. We only have a small amount of data about these creatures; their religion states that “to seek enlightenment you must exterminate all living things.”

The next attack was going to be on the planet called, Zulu Delta Charlie Foxtrot 1Z13. It was in this battle, where I served in the united space force. This is how my war went:

“Zed! Zed wake up, we're going to drop in t-15 minutes,” said Roger.
This is the first part of the war that I remember. We were orbital drop shock troopers or the ODST, we came in with guns blazing. However, this lonely night I fell asleep when we broke the sound barrier. I only was awake for half the battle. My mistake caused me to crashland on the other side of the battle. Yes, I was deep behind enemy lines.
12:40 AM
I got out of my crash site, and found a wounded soldier hiding. I used the embroseum to heal him, and he joined my quest to rally back with other soldiers. We walked across a city just to find a tattered camp, and the remains of some ripped up human. There were some survivors such as Roger, Alpha, and Rookie. The soldier on my side said if we could get out of this hellhole. But I told him in the pledge of the ODST, you swear to finish the mission even if its life or death. Consequently, he groaned and we headed toward the plaza where the HQ of the aliens were.
Our mission now was to create a small, lightweight bomb. I was chosen to deploy the bomb because I was light on my feet.
12 PM
Finally we slept, while some of the pyrotechnics made a lightweight bomb.
They told me, “This isn’t perfect, so it might explode once charged. Oh, and you have to get out of there in less than 10 seconds.”
Just the thought about the bomb exploding instantaneously made me feel uneasy. It was a very long march, because of low food rations.
When we got there, the place was filled with aliens. The worst part was that the soldiers started opening fire. So far, the plan was dismantled and we reverted to plan B, kill all aliens. As they fought, I ran away to the other side of the battle where the HQ wasn't protected. I knew this was not going to be an easy mission. I went into the HQ unnoticed, and I was ready to plant the bomb. When suddenly, a guard spots me. I run at it and stick the bomb around his neck. I fled to safety, while the others were almost done battling the aliens outside. As I was walking to my colleagues, the bomb detonated destroying a horrid alien HQ. The planet Zulu Delta Charlie Foxtrot 1Z13 is saved from alien attack.
I just received a call from the sergeant major, another planet is under attack. Here we go again.

....aliens