Beautiful Beast | Teen Ink

Beautiful Beast

January 21, 2014
By Heythereworld BRONZE, Pretoria, Other
Heythereworld BRONZE, Pretoria, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved.


Being different is simple, as long as you keep your differences a secret act natural, blend in. She took soft and quick paced steps like she was trying to be as silent as possible. She was beautiful but went completely unnoticed.

Unlike the others there was nothing predatory about her. Each breath she took seemed like an agonizing effort for her. She could be just like everyone else, normal. Boring. Please let her be normal and boring. I crossed my fingers, praying and hoping.

That possibility was swept away by the energy levels that washed over me as I scanned the area. My pulse speed doubled as I felt the rush of adrenaline.

She looked up from beneath her honey colored hair. Her eyes widened as she realized the same thing I did. She's the beast and I'm the hunter! Prey and predator. "Well, well, well look what we have here!" My stepbrother, Jake, whispers to me as the smirk on my face widens.

Snapping back to reality I hear my teacher tell me to take a seat next to 'Jamie'. I follow her gaze and my dark eyes meet a pair of emerald green ones. The beast. This should be fun!

"Well hello there Jamie", I say with a smug grin ask I spit out her name. Beasts can only be killed when you figure out their identity. "Tyler", I stick out my hand as I take a seat. She cautiously takes my hand before stiffening under my touch. Instantly, I can feel her abnormal heartbeat pulsing through my body. The sound was loud and steady. She is powerful, insanely powerful. I shot Jake a look but he's too busy chatting up his lab partner to notice. I look back at her only to be welcomed by an evil grin. She quickly contains herself and wipes the amused look off her face. She looks straight at me with innocent green eyes and leans toward me. "You look pretty pleased with yourself for knowing my name. Ironic really because its going to be the name you whisper with your last breath."