Planet X | Teen Ink

Planet X

By BrandonUrbaniak BRONZE, Watertown, Wisconsin
BrandonUrbaniak BRONZE, Watertown, Wisconsin

The year is 2065. I have been on this planet now for the past two decades. I went to the planet to escape the troubles back on planet Earth. War, depression, and famine have flooded planet Earth, and now 3/4 of the population is dead. Most animals are now extinct, the only animals that survived are the ones that don’t eat meat. The meat became toxic with a plague, and ended up wiping out over 3/4 of the population of animals also. I choose to bring two people with me. One was my best friend, and as we were getting ready to depart from planet Earth, we had an encounter with this female, she had to be mid teen, and she begged us to bring her along. We agreed, to bring her along. This planet was not named before we went there, so we decided to name it “Planet X”:. Planet X stands for planet 10, the 10th planet in the solar system. On the way up to planet x, this mystery woman finally introduced herself as Marcie, she explained that her whole family was wiped out by the plague, and she was the only one to survive. We started to land, and as we approached this new surface, we instantly started to feel turbulence. We finally safely landed, and were able to exit the rocket.. No severe damage was done during the landing process, so if need be, we could go back to planet Earth. Our first instinct when we left our rocket was to go and scope out the area. My best friend and I went about 100 meters out, and Marcie stayed back at the ship to keep watch. We searched for resources, and came upon a large body of water, the water was surrounded by a large amount of trees, almost like the amazon rainforest.. As we were gathering water and wood we heard a strange noise. We froze in fear, we thought we were here alone. Next thing a sasquatch looking animal comes out. We stay frozen in fear, not knowing how to react. Finally, I decide to make a run for it. The sasquatch immediately comes running after me. He chased me for about a good 50 meters or so, until of course, I trip. I immediately start to scramble and see if I can find anything to defend my self with, nope, so all I have are my own two fists. Me vs this giant sasquatch, awesome.. He falls on me and we start to scramble. I get a few good punches in, and start praying for my life at this point. Weaker and weaker I grew, and I soon blacked out. I wake up to Marcie and my best friend talking. “Where am I” I said, Marcie said “You’re in heaven now, you got mauled by a sasquatch.” I couldn’t believe this, I died.