Gateway to the Abyss | Teen Ink

Gateway to the Abyss

May 9, 2016
By $ettleMan BRONZE, Colorado Sprigs,CO, Colorado
$ettleMan BRONZE, Colorado Sprigs,CO, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Cameron rode on his ebony shaded horse with great black steel chains to control the great black stallion. As the rain fell and the clicks of the great stallion’s hooves which were covered in mud from the rain formed a rhyme that would turn the streets as dark as the cells in Purgatory. For Cameron is a one of the great gate keepers who makes sure that the millions of demons in the bottomless pit stay in purgatory. For it was his day to check the 50foot high gate and 70feet wide with great Greek and Latin symbols on the doors with and address of 666 in blood. So it was just like any other day in Paris, France for the regular citizens but for Cameron it was about to be a nightmare because he was never prepared. But when Cameron reached the gates something was different the left gate of purgatory was open but none of the demons had come out because they were waiting to slaughter Cameron for keeping them traped for millions of years. So Cameron had no choice but to go into this abyss and close the doors from there because you have to pull the doors shut, not push. So then Cameron runs, he feels the freezing cold air smacking his scared face as he flings himself into the darkness of the abyss and then he is strangled by darkness of the underworld. As Cameron is waiting to be overrun by the demons hiding in the dark of the underworld, he sees that no demon has come yet so he takes immediate action trying to pull the doors closed but then a black hand with its skin peeling off, grabs Cameron and throws him on the ground and knocks him out. As Cameron wakes up feeling like he had fell off a cliff and landed on jagged rocks that went through his spine, he was chained up in one of the cells of the underworld with demon spirits guarding the cell like if it was a prize treasure. Then there was a demon holding a bright torch and for a second Cameron saw a face in the flames that was watching Cameron as the black shaded demons talked. The out of nowhere there was a huge blast of fire and it broke the steel rods of the prison which flung and hit a huge bowl of fire which spread across the broken and rusted floor. So Cameron got up and sprinted to where he could hid and try and break the rusted silver chains that made his skin get blisters and turn green because they were as tight a anacondas death grip. As Cameron was running he saw the 50foot high gate and 70feet wide so he ran as fat as he could but then he saw 6 demons guarding the gate but then Cameron sees a sharp jagged rock that he can cut the rusted silver chains. So Cameron sprints at the jagged spike and then he does a 360 flip and cuts the chains off his hands and then sprints toward the door. He could feel the fire that felt like an inferno oven he was baking inside of, but as he got closer to the door he started to feel a cold wind that made the hairs on Cameron’s neck come up stiff. Then this great ball of darkness hovered over Cameron and turned the ground as dark as the king of darkness, Satan, and then it froze everything it its path including Cameron. All that Cameron could do was just stand as still as a tree and not do anything, then all of a sudden the darkness let Cameron go and then there was another inferno blast of fire out of nowhere. So Cameron sprinted to the doors while fiery hot lava chasing him from behind then he pulled the doors shut and then with a small crack the Cameron made through. Then Cameron fell on the rainy ground of Paris and knew that he had saved the world.