Running | Teen Ink

Running

April 7, 2009
By Anonymous

“Abby?”

“Yes?”

“Abby I am so sorry. I wish it wasn’t like this. I truly do.” I hoped up onto his back and secured my hold on him.

“Don’t worry.” And he took off running. I knew why he was sorry. He was sorry for making me leave my family and my best friend. He was thinking of Anna Lisa and Dad and Jenna. I left Jenna a note. I promised her she was going to be okay and that I was fine. She knew I was leaving but she couldn’t know why. I had hugged her and kissed her and told her I loved her and that I was sorry. He was sorry for making me leave Dominick. Dominick and I were best friends he was the only one who was nice to me at Wallow Bree besides Oliver that was if you could count Oliver as nice. Oliver was good to his core. He was doing this to protect me from his vicious family. His siblings wanted me dead. Selena especially. Selena tried to lure me away the first day we met. She has a sense for finding someone useful. She knew I as going to be useful, but Oliver didn’t want me to have that fate. He cared about me as a friend. I remember the first day with the piercing blue eyes. He was saving me to save Jenna he knew she would be safe. Selena was not aloud to take anyone without permission and without purpose. So as he ran I thought abut all I was leaving behind. I couldn’t think about where I was going because truly, I had no idea. So as we ran I just closed my eyes. It was then I began to dream.

Selena was looking at Jenna. Her brown eyes full of hate. Jenna screamed in terror as Selena began to approach her. She pulled on her arm and dragged her forward. Jenna staid struggling to break free from Selena’s hold. She couldn’t. It was then she saw Riley. Selena gave Riley a devious smile as she gave Jenna to him.

“Selena, you always get something better.”

“Well, if that waste Oliver was sgoing to take away Abigail then I was going to take away Jenna from her.”

“Abby! You know where she is! It was you! That is why she left!” She began to scream. Then all of a sudden she was sobbing.

“Aw, Selena what a sad site. Jenna you will be fine. I promise you.” He gave her a devious smile and Jenna tried to throw a punch. He caught her fist in his and scraped his finger nails against her skin until she bled. “Now, Jenna I want to make this less painful, so dear will you hold still?” Jenna put her head down she couldn’t breath. She had no idea what was going on. She was sobbing wildly with Reily holding one hand and Selena holding the other. “Demetri, I believe we have something of interest. Selena couldn’t obtain Abigail Harris for you for Oliver James has decided to become her guardian Sloath. We did however find a promising alternative.”

“Ah. Wonderfully done Selena,” he gave a nod, “Reilly.” He gave another nod.

“What is going on here?” Jenna asked terrified.

“She shall be Allegra Schylar.” A women said from the other side of the room.

“Yes dear, Janie hear shall explain all the rules when you are ready.” They all then closed in on Jenna.


“NO!” I gasped aloud. Immediately I realized it was a nightmare but Oliver had already slowed to ask what was wrong. “Nothing Oliver, I fell asleep. I am sorry it was just a bad dream.” He began running again and I was too afraid to sleep. I staid and watched the cars on the highway pass by as blurs compared to Oliver’s running.

“What will you do now?” I asked Oliver.

“We are going to see Benjamin. He and his family have rule over us sloaths. We must hope they disagree with Selena in which they should because all she sees for you is beauty. That is not really a talent. I believe Benjamin and Madeline will be pleased to see me. Alexander Camilla as well as Roxy, Phoebe and Zoë.”

“So Benjamin and Madeline have total rule and one daughter. The daughter has three girls, Roxy, Zoë, and Phoebe?”

“Yes. The girls are quite fond of me actually, though they are much younger they know everything about me. they are good just as I am. We are closer because of that factor. Madeline Alexander and Benjamin were quite upset about that fact.”
“So then Zoë and Phoebe and Roxy will sign with you?”

“”Most likely.”

“Well that is good. So where do they live?”

“they hold a home in new York city but chse to hang out under the Brooklyn bridge however our meeting must be held in a schoo classroom. It is the proper setting.”

He was a SLOATH but there was not an evil bone in this boys body. He was pure gold and she loved him for that. A SloaTHE was someone with special talents, like a witch. No not like a which a sloathe was a witch and Oliver was a witch but he wasn’t evil. He would stop growing next year, he was 14 and I was thirteen. Selena, she was a real witch. Oliver, never, he was made of pure good. He was saving me from this fate, so we kept running to I don’t know where. I wasn’t in a hurry to get there but I was afraid to fall asleep again. He ran. All of a sudden we were airborne. “Oliver what? Are, are we flying?”

“Yes. No I am not on a broom. These are the cools things about being a witch I would still prefer to be human but what could I do? I make the best of it. Now old on and we will be there soon enough. Don’t you want to sleep?’’

“No. I fell asleep and had a nghtmere..”

“I can play with your mind to change that.”

“Please? I am extreamly tired.” And with in a few minutes I was asleep while Oliver flew through the night sky. No more nightmares and no more fear I was purely at ease. Oh sweet Oliver was perfect. I wasn’t in love with him but I did love him. So as he flew through the sky I slept peacefully, flying with him. No, I hope I wake up. Was my last coherent thought?