The Cheese Planet | Teen Ink

The Cheese Planet

By AngieL BRONZE, Nyc, New York
AngieL BRONZE, Nyc, New York

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

The moon is made out of cheese. Sorry to break it to you. After all these years, you thought the moon was made of magnesium and silicone and all that stuff. But nope. All the astronauts who go up to the moon, all just go to eat the cheese. And, all the aliens there, are not aliens, there's just mice trying to eat cheese. Stuffing their little faces with hand-pawfuls of cheese. With their littles houses all in random places and tunnels into the cheese. Their little footprints engraved on the cheese, living their best life. All was normal until one day. One day, the moon fell apart. A giant explosion. BOOM!! Tons of cheese, floating in space, mice with astronaut helmets all drifting away from the cheese planet. Pieces of cheese all different sizes, floating through the depths of space. Some miles aways, some on other planets. The moon was broken apart and could never be put back together again...Or so they thought. In a matter of minutes, a giant group of stars appeared and said they were the international space hospital.  Each star had fondue in their hands and said, “let's put this moon back together.” And so, the group of stars slowly glued together the pieces of the moon with the fondue and the moon was once again, shining bright in the sky. The moon was back once again. As the stars started to leave, they realized that they put the moon in the wrong place. It was too close to the sun! The moon started to melt and drip onto other small stars. It’s cheese was melting away! They exclaimed, “Um, I think there's something wrong with the moon!!!” Nobody knew what to do and were afraid they were going to lose the moon once again. Luckily, a powerful gust of wind was able to blow the moon around the sun and back to its original spot. A giant ball of cheese, orbiting around the Sun, leaving the Earth in darkness. Pitch black. And all in a matter of minutes, everything was normal again. The light came back, slowly as the moon returned to its spot. Everything was back to normal and the cheese planet was restored. This was known as the solar eclipse of 2017.

I hope people can realize they can make extremely crazy things just from their imagination and how all you need is a pen or pencil, paper, and your imagination. This opens a whole new world to you and it is so easy to create a story just like this. You start writing and by the time you know it, you’re done! I thought of some objects that are easily overlooked and decided to write a lie story about it and it was actually a really fun and great experience. Hopefully, you can write one too!