Classroom | Teen Ink

Classroom

By Chino0117 BRONZE, Taipei, Other
Chino0117 BRONZE, Taipei, Other

I’m a teacher. I used to be a professional singer on stage, but as time went by my voice became not as good as in my heyday. So, now I have become a full-time musical teacher and conductor for different schools’ choirs and orchestras. I’m almost 50 now, and I have been a teacher for 20 years. So I’ve been to lots of different places and seen lots of different things. I think my teaching experience could take me further. So this time, I gave myself a challenge.

This time I’m going to a wild campus. I have heard that there’s no teacher who can stay here for more than a week. However, I’m a professional teacher that has taught for over 20 years. Everything for me will be absolutely fine. And I’ll overcome every problem I need to confront. This school is in the middle of nowhere, and the whole campus is just a small cabin. It is kind of spooky but not that much. I took a deep breath and walked into the classroom. I walked onto the lectern but I didn’t even see a single person. It’s 9:00 a.m. Students should be in the place where they should be. I checked the day. Today is not the weekend either. I waited there for around 10 minutes but still, no one appeared and nothing happened. 

I started to be frightened. The place is a ruin and it's a mess. There are webs and broken windows everywhere, and even the blackboard is broken. But suddenly, I saw the chalk on the students' table moving. And I heard lots of whispering sounds. I ran out of the classroom. Not a week. I can’t even stay for a day!