Imagination | Teen Ink

Imagination

April 30, 2013
By InvisibleInk12 BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia
InvisibleInk12 BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I walked down the silent road in a still heart beat. My converse shoes were the only sound in my mind as the sky above roared with stars. I whispered to myself as i always do when i cant sleep. I climb out of bed, sulk through my home of Honey Creek Alabama and tell myself stories. Stories of creatures. Creatures who reflect the pain that fills the emptiness inside my heart with soulless longing. As the moon gazed down from above, horrific images of devilish monsters slipped out of my mouth and into my ear. My tale came to a horrific end as i reached back to my home and begun to feel sleep pushing down on my eyes. Falling into bed my eyes became heavier and heavier, but they would not close. I urged them to, prayed for them to, but still they remained open. Out of the still silent darkness of the night a creak split through the room. Light flooded into my empty house, and their stood a creature. Not an earthy creature, but one from my whispers. I shrieked as it draw closer, ripping my skin with its belonged finger nails. Crying i bidded my eyes to close, but still they remained open. Soon all i could see was the red the creature inflicted, then the nothing of my soul. My imagination had gotten the best of me.


The author's comments:
This is the horrible tale of why good thoughts should fill your mind even in the darkest of times.