The Trip of a Lifetime | Teen Ink

The Trip of a Lifetime

By Lindsey Letson BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
Lindsey Letson BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas

I’m James Carter, I’m a paranormal investigator and my wife and Rosealee, and I were going to a place called “Island of the Dolls”. It is between Mexico City and the canals of Xochimico. The only way to get there was by boat, so we were on a boat and almost there. We had just gotten on the island. This island is pretty promising there were dolls everywhere. Most of them had at least one thing gone from them. Some of them only had clothes left and some had heads. “Did you just hear that”. Said Rosealee. I replied back “No”. “I think it’s coming from the dolls, come get close to them and listen”. She said. I did and they were whispering to each other right in front of us. “Voice record them”. I told her. Then she got out the voice recorder and started recording. Then she and I started walking around more. “Do you feel that”? Said Rosealee again. “What do u feel?” I said. “I have an odd feeling I’m being watched. Said Rosealee. “You might just be tired, let’s go to sleep.” She said she and I went to sleep in the tent we set up earlier. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and there were dolls in front of the tent and then they all drug me out of the tent and started dragging me towards the water. I kicked and everything to get away but no matter what I did I couldn’t get away so they took me to the water and held me under and I drowned. Then in the morning Roselee woke up and wondered where I was so she went looking everywhere. She looked in the water and saw me dead than she broke down and started crying. She cried for an hour or two then she said in her mind. “I got to stay strong and try to stay alive for him because I know he would want me to.” Then all of the sudden the dolls started running towards her so she tried running as fast as she could to get to the boat. She was on the total other side of the island then the boat so she had to run as fast as she could. She ran and ran until she saw the boat in her sight. She was right by the boat then they caught her. Then suddenly she woke up and was lying in her bed with me. She went over and hugged me to death.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences