The House On Oak Street | Teen Ink

The House On Oak Street

November 13, 2014
By Anonymous

     Anna had just moved into a new house a few weeks ago. She had been hearing things about the house like it had been built in the 1940’s and only 7 families had lived in it before her and that a woman and her two kids were killed by the father about 4 years ago and that the mother and kids haunt the house. When you went upstairs there was always this weird smell, Anna never thought that it could be related to the death of the mother and children she just thought it was because the house was old. When she told her mother about the smell she just said “it’s just because the house is old”. She kept trying to tell her mother that she didn’t think that was the reason it smelled like that, but she still didn’t believe her.    One night she and her brother John were home alone and Anna got really curious about what was causing the smell, so her and her brother went up in the attic and started looking through things that had been left buy the people that lived in the house before them. John was looking through a suit case full of old pictures and found a picture of a lady and 2 kids laying on the bed dead. The room that the picture was taken in was her older sisters it was upstairs. When John showed Anna she couldn’t believe what they had found. John and Anna took the picture and went down stairs.          When they got down stairs they found their mother in the kitchen and told her too look at the picture , all she said was “stop trying to scare yall’s self’s by printing these pictures off the internet” they both said at the same time “we didn’t we found this in the attic with a bunch of other pictures.” Their mother just said “whatever, yall just printed it off too try to scare me”. But one night her mother was home alone and kept hearing walking upstairs and so she went up too see what it was and sall something that scared her for life. Till this day she still refuses to go in the house.