My Name's Annaliese | Teen Ink

My Name's Annaliese

By Shelby1311 BRONZE, Gardnerville, Nevada
Shelby1311 BRONZE, Gardnerville, Nevada

"The scariest moment is always just before you start" -Stephen King

She hid behind a tree and watched herself get in the car. She thought how could this be happening? Where am I, what's going on? The car drove off with the young adult inside. I, 23 years old, made the biggest mistake of my life.

Annaliese ran to the road where it all began. The cold, empty forest wrapped itself around her. She waited, patiently.

All Annaliese could remember was the man sitting at the counter of her kitchen with an awful smile and obviously had a sick reason to be in my house. She recalled the unfamiliar taste to her water when she took a sip of it, but didn't think much of it. Everything blacked out after that.

Annaliese blinked, appearing at the intersection which she lived, Pine Road and Highway 95.

Although, she did remember the waxy scent in the car. The man had very distinct brown eyes. His mouth broad, but twitched at the corners every so often. There was something familiar about him.

Annaliese looked down Pine, watching a red cadilac that seated her and the man. She glanced down Highway 95, noticing the speed the diesel pushed.

Annaliese watched helplessly as the two vehicles collided into a T-bone figure.