The holiday's money | Teen Ink

The holiday's money

April 11, 2016
By Anonymous

Everyone has their own school holidays plan. During the school holidays, Rajan worked as a part-time waiter at Tanjung's Seafood Restaurant.  He worked very hard and spent his school holidays there.  One day, a man walked in and had a meal there.  

Just as the man  finished his meal, his mobile phone rang.  He stood up and walked away while talking on his phone.  A few minutes later, Rajan came over to clear the table.  Rajan was surprised because the man left his wallet on his seat.  He opened the wallet and found a lot of money and a business card inside. He  tried to find the man because he wished to return the wallet to the man but he could not find him.

As Rajan could not find the man, he checked the business card which was in the wallet of the man.  It turned out that man was Mr. Tan Wei Long and his office  was in the next block. So, Rajan told his manager about the wallet and that he had to return it.  He wishedhis manager could  help him to contact Mr. Tan.

In a few minutes time, Mr. Tan was outside the restaurant.  Rajan went out and returned the wallet to Mr. Tan.  Mr. Tan was  pleased with Rajan's honesty and praised him  for being well-behaved.  He insisted on rewarding Rajan with RM30.  Rajan thanked Mr. Tan and he felt very happy because he had done a good deed.


The author's comments:

I remebered my frind and I when we were in our holiday