The Man with the Briefcase | Teen Ink

The Man with the Briefcase

By Jackie.G BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Jackie.G BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

It has been a while but everything is now all right. All I can remember is going under surgery and having my kidney removed. But this strange thing happened to me last Monday, it is Thursday. So I was just walking down the street strolling the dog and a person with a suit told me to come with him. He uses a radio and said something about finding 0-0-4 project and I bolted. I’ve never run like it. My heart was beating so fast if I tried to so down I would collapse. What did he mean by 0-0-4 project? I have been wondering this for a good 3 days and still haven’t understood. There also was a knock on my door on Wednesday. When I peeked out the window I saw a familiar jacket and briefcase. My dog started to bark and howl but I stopped him right before the man left. He yelled, ”I know you’re in there Mr. Hobbs and I’m going to get you.” I questioned if he was talking to me because I’ve never been called Mr. Hobbs and or have anything in my name remotely the same. So this is a farewell to my life, goodbye.

Your name is John, and mysterious things are happening. You have to go through prison, deal with a murderer, and have a man with a briefcase try and capture you. Then you end all the suffering.