How to Turn a Crush into a Relationship | Teen Ink

How to Turn a Crush into a Relationship

October 2, 2018
By King_Stvn963 BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia
King_Stvn963 BRONZE, Stafford, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Reader,

 

In Shakespeare´s Romeo and Juliet, Romeo claims that  ¨Love is a smoke raised with a fume of sighs/ . . . Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers´ eyes / Being vex´d a sea nourish´d with lovers´ tears, / What is it else? A madness most discreet¨ (1.1). Today, relationships are a way that teens  ¨raised with a fume of sighs¨ and these teens are risking themselves at the expense of their actions. Relationships are often a problem that teens face in the real world. In order to fix that problem teens should be friends with their crush first before they transition to tell them their feelings in order to build their relationship, and could feel more confident around their crush.

 

Teenagers would want to build their relationship in order to get to know their crush better. According to Madeline A Fugere, “Telling a potential partner that you like them seem bold. But this disclosure often leads to reciprocal liking” (“4 Ways You Can Turn a Crush into a Relationship”). One reason being friends before you transition to tell your feelings for your significant other is to let her (or him) that you know that you might like her; for example attending an exciting event together like going to the movies, a restaurant or a picnic. Another reason being friends before you transition to tell your feelings for your significant other is to hold eye contact because studies have shown that the direct gaze of an attractive companion increases activity in the area of the brain associated with reward. In particular, women seem to use eye contact as a subtle signal of interest in a partner.

 

Another reason being friends before you transition to tell your feelings for your significant other is to accept the fact that you are nervous. Also teenagers could feel more confident around their crush if they are using stress reduction techniques by trying meditation and deep breathing exercises. Madeline A Fugere suggests that telling your crush that you like them seems frightening sometimes but it can lead to opposite ways, either rejection or acceptance (“4 Ways You Can Turn a Crush into a Relationship”).  Some may argue that they should approach their crush right away and tell them their feelings; however, people would be able to get to know their crush better to learn about their interests and wouldn’t end up in very embarrassing situations. As a result building your relationship in order to get to know your crush better and feeling more confident is the key to a good start to a healthy relationship with your significant other.

 

In order to fix that problem teens should be friends with their crush first before you transition to tell them their feelings in order to build that relationship, and could feel more confident around their crush. Think about it there was a young boy named Tony and he has been harboring his feelings for his best friend Cassidy; Tony plans to ask her out to prom after the girls varsity soccer game. Tony, however, got his friends, boys and girls alike, by his side that they were there to support him and Tony was holding a big poster saying her jersey number and a cute promposal message. When Cassidy came out with the rest of the girls she saw the poster and Tony. Tony said to her if he wants to go out to prom with her and as the students were cheering on for Tony and Cassidy said yes to him and gave him a big hug. So there is hope for yourself and it never hurts to try! Never listen to fools who have been hurting, bullying, and setting you up from stupid rumors! Never give up on yourself! Be more like Tony.

 

Sincerely,

 

 

Steven