How to Accept the Terrifying Fact That You’re Going to College | Teen Ink

How to Accept the Terrifying Fact That You’re Going to College

By DOSTER1 BRONZE, New Bavaria, Ohio
DOSTER1 BRONZE, New Bavaria, Ohio

The writing titled “How to Accept the Terrifying Fact That You’re Going to College,” written by Lilly H., talks about her feelings about going to college. Her writing left me feeling inspired to be excited about moving on about things.

I understand why the author wrote what she did. As she stated early in the article, she was talking about her birthday. When she was talking about that she put, “Birthday.” I get why she would be sad to finally be turning, “that age.” When at last you are old enough and finally get to do things on your own, sometimes you don’t feel quite ready. As she states, “It’s okay to let yourself be sad,” it really is. You’re so used to having that safety belt of your family, friends, or home, that it’s very hard to let go. It’s a big step and big change to go from just school, to college. What will make it easier is if instead of being frightened and feeling like your losing everything at once, is to calm down and realize that it’s a new chapter to even more possibilities. So, welcome it.

My name is Emma Doster. I really enjoy to run, swim, bike, and have fun.